I hope you guys are all having a wonderful week and I am excited to team up with Loxa Beauty to share this tutorial with you before the holidays! My favorite kind of curl is a loose wave and it’s so hard for me to get that effect with a curling iron. They always seem to look too big and tightly curled but with your flat iron you can get more of a ‘messy wave’ look.
I just snagged this new flat iron & blow dryer set from Loxa Beauty since my current one is over 8 years old. This flat iron is perfect for curls because it is 1 inch wide and the ceramic plates heat so evenly. My friends Christopher & Tiffany from Stylisted helped me get glam for the holidays & offer some super helpful advice (more on them next week!) So onto the tips:
- I hardly ever blow dry or flat iron my hair but when I do I highly recommend putting a heat protector on it first – I feel like it helps keep your hair from drying out. I also spritz my roots with some sea salt texturing spray to add volume!
- I split my hair into two sections but you can always do more depending on your thickness. Put the other portions up with a clip or hair tie to keep it out of the way and from creasing.
- Starting with the right side hold the flat iron vertically with your hand at the top and and twist your hair through the flat iron curling away from your face on the sections closet to your face and then alternating directions as you go back
- Make sure to leave the last 1/2 inch of your hair uncurled & straight! This will give it that messy look when you are done!
- Switch to the left side and repeat with the flat iron in your left hand and your right directing the hair through it.
- After you finish the bottom section repeat with the top and make sure to set with hairspray once the curls have cooled!
- I always like to throw my head over and tousle out the rigidness of the curls and spray again!
Hope this tutorial helps you guys achieve that beachy wave look and make sure to check out Loxa Beauty for other amazing holiday inspiration. I snagged the festive nail polish set & men’s grooming kit to give as gifts this holiday season too!
This post was sponsored by Loxa Beauty. Thank you for supporting brand that keep Lows to Luxe up and running!