Ever since having Zain, I have been trying to get back on track with my diet. With little free time on my hands I had started to lose my love of cooking. I always loved being in the kitchen and recipe testing but without much sleep or time it was the last place I wanted to be. Sadly, my diet was suffering too. I was grabbing meals on the fly that were unhealthy and indulging way too often.
After a few months of this, my body was exhausted of bad food and I was dying to cook again. Luckily, my mom was in town to help out and helped me find time to get back in the kitchen. Since I was trying to eat cleaner and lighter, I was excited to try out this BELLA electric spiralizer. Unlike, the less expensive version I had snagged a few years prior this worked on it’s own and was a cinch to clean. Every one I had tried prior was a pain to use, flimsy and almost impossible to clean. This spiralizer is completely hands free, is dishwasher safe and makes 4 different shapes! Not having to hand wash an appliance makes it such a lifesaver and far more likely for me to use, anyone else?
I decided to test out a few quick, healthy and easy recipes that I could whip up in under 30 minutes and felt comforting without being heavy. The hardest thing to give up for me was fries! I love a good french fry–remember when I cried over them while pregnant? I was so excited to find these sweet potato fries delicious and perfect dipped in ketchup or a spicy aioli. After fries, I was on to pasta! I wanted to replace that warm pasta feeling so tested out a few ways to make that happen with zucchini and love the way this creamy dish ended up. Lastly, I needed to add a salad into the mix! Greek salads are some of my favorite and this was a fun new way to enjoy one.
Let me know how you like these twists on classics and if you have any of your own favorites! Here’s to healthy eating!
Sweet Potato Curls with Spicy Aioli
- 2-3 Sweet Potatoes, peel if you prefer
- 4 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- Place BELLA Spiralizer on setting 1
- Peel sweet potatoes if desired and spiralize
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Toss sweet potatoes with avocado oil
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool and serve with aioli if desired
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Basil Pesto
- 2 zucchini
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place BELLA Spiralizer on setting 2 and run zucchini through
- Combine all other ingredients in blender or food processor and blend till smooth
- Place all zucchini noodles in cheese cloth or paper towel to drain excess liquid
- Cook zucchini noodles on stove top on medium with a splash of EVOO for a few minutes and then toss in pesto and squeeze fresh lemon over to serve!
Cucumber Greek Salad
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Green Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Feta Cheese
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon, fresh squeezed
- Set BELLA spiralizer on setting 4 and create cucumber noodles
- Chop remaining ingredients and toss
- Top with Feta and black pepper
- Squeeze fresh lemon over and serve!
This post was sponsored by BELLA Lifestyle. As always, all opinions are my own and thank you for supporting brands that make Lows to Luxe possible!