This post was sponsored by Mode Media & Target. As always, all opinions are my own and thank you for supporting brands that make Lows to Luxe possible!
Festival season is upon us and that means that festival season beauty is on all of our minds. When Lollapalooza rolls around in Chicago I used to loathe the chaos but after attending last year with Trevor I have completely changed my mind! I know I chatted about it before but we had the most amazing time. Everything I feared: big crowds, annoying people too close to me & not being able to enjoy the live music were all totally not true. We had so much fun jumping up and down and singing along and never once did I feel suffocated.
Since we are headed back again this year it had me really think about my festival season beauty and style routine. Last year I donned a flower crown (cute but annoying) and wore more makeup than I needed to. I’m all about a fresh natural face this year and since I was out in the sun all day I am adding a few elements the night before to help me prepare.
Here’s a few easy ways I am preparing:
- Start the night before with this Pixi Rose Oil Blend. You can apply it either once or twice a day & it will give you a nice glow without being greasy. This is the perfect way to add a dewy sheen to your festival look that will last all day. Note: I have a ‘normal’ complexion so if you feel like you have more of an oily complexion I would try it out a few days before and see how often you should use it. You can always cut out one of the applications if needed.
- Before applying any makeup that morning make sure you protect your face from the sun. This La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 sunscreen may seem like it’s on the higher end but there is nothing more important than sun protection for me and I know this brand will stay on all day! It doesn’t leave me feeling greasy which is difficult to find in sunscreens and it’s one of my must have’s. I definitely recommend investing in a bottle for festival season and summer!
- This Pixi 24K Eye Elixir Peptide Serum is a miracle worker! As I’ve discussed before my under-eye’s area are my biggest issue and this rolls on so easy and cool. I use it right before I apply my makeup and it’s even easy to carry with you the day of.
- I prefer a neutral palette for the eyes & lips and this Essence Eyeshadow Box is so key. I usually stick to the top 3 or bottom 3 shades and will layer the lightest all over my lid, apply the next darker shade underneath my eyebrows & then go with the darkest shade in the corner crease.
- Lastly, apply this Essence Lash Princess Mascara (it adds so much length without clumping) and a simple Essence Longlasting Lipstick in Nude Love and you are set to go! This lip color will go on matte and stay on all day without drying out your lips which is so important when you are out all day at festival.
If you’re planning to attend a festival this season make sure to head to Target to snag all these beauty essentials and keep your festival look fresh & natural!
Find your Style @targetstyle