I don’t know about you but I distinctly remember realizing I needed to step up my skin care regimen a few years ago. It’s been a bit of trial and error with a hint of procrastination but I finally feel like I’ve found a system that works for me.
I’m scared of wrinkles.
There I admitted it. Although vain, I don’t want to be covered in signs of aging and simultaneously don’t want to see a dermatologist or do any treatments. Will I change my mind in 20 years? Who knows but for now the all natural way is driving my skincare regimen.
I used to be scared skin products just weren’t worth their cost. Most creams, elixirs & serums are quite costly and I wondered if I would really see a difference. I can now say my attitude has totally changed and finding some affordable brands has really helped.
So, here’s my 5 step plan to battle the signs of aging.
- Invest in a good cleanser: I used to think all cleansers were made the same but after trying so many I’ve found that all natural brands work better with my somewhat sensitive skin. I love the way the caffeine makes me skin feel in this Frank Body cleanser & they have a scrub and smooth cleanser I will usually alternate each night.
- Find a good eye cream: I have tried a ton and this Mario Badescu is my favorite especially at this affordable price point. I usually use an eye elixir in the morning and the cream before bed.
- Use a mask once a week: Depending on your skin I think you could use one more or less but I try to do it once a week. I like to alternate what mask I use but this Collagen and Resurfacing mask are two of my favorites.
- Have an alternative to picking: When bumps pop up it was almost impossible for me to avoid squeezing or picking at my face. I know it is the worst habit and this drying lotion has forced me to stop. Whenever I feel something brewing I put a dab of the lotion on it overnight and by the next morning it’s almost gone & so is the urge to pick. It’s literally magic and I’m so mad I just found out about it.
- Always use a night cream: This Philosophy cream has been my go to for quite a while because I love how it repairs dark spots. I am running out soon and am actually on the hunt for something new so let me know if you have a favorite!
What skin regimens do you stick to? Are there any products you just can’t live without?