One of our favorite things about spring & summer approaching is that it is finally iced coffee time. If you follow me on Snapchat (username: lowstoluxe) or Instagram you have probably seen a lot of iced coffee and I wanted to start trying a few different ways to make it easier for us to take on the go. I always drop ice cubes into mine to keep it cold at work but then have to chug it because as the ice melts it gets so diluted.
Enter, almond milk ice cubes! Instead of traditional ice cubes I just started filling it with almond milk. You can make your own from scratch or gran some pre-made at the store. I love Califia Farms personally and all their flavors are mild and yummy without being too sweet. Once you have them frozen it’s time to brew your cold pressed coffee. French presses are so reasonable and worth the investment. We grind our own beans at home and allow the cold brew to set at least 12 hours before filtering. Typically we make it at night for the next day.
Once you pour your cup of cold brew throw in as many ice cubes as you prefer creamer. My ice tray is on the smaller side so I usually add tow keeping it cold and delicious as they melt. Let me know what you are having with your cold brew and here’s to a hot summer!
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- Soak almonds in airtight container for 48 hours with 2 cups of water. Switch out the water half way through!
- Remove and dry almonds and place in blender with 1 1/2 cups water. Pulse for about 30 seconds.
- Remove and place in cheese cloth over bowl and squeeze all milk out.
- Add vanilla and maple syrup and feel free to taste and add more sweetness if desired.
- Will stay good in fridge or as ice cubes for about a week!