I’m excited to share this new recipe with you all today. I apologize for the lack of preparation photos but I was just playing around last Friday night and when so many people messaged me on Instagram to ask for the recipe, I decided to share it!
Weeknight meals that take under 30 minutes are about all I can pull together these days and I had been craving some good stir fry. When I got home from work on Friday night I opened a delivery menu but then convinced myself I could make something better tasting and far healthier.
I had some whole wheat linguine noodles from Whole Foods (I get the 365 Brand) and went ahead and got those boiling. While that was cooking I started on my homemade sauce. It’s so easy and makes me wonder why I ever bought a packaged one. I’m sure the store bought bottles have far more sugar and preservatives. Once you get the sauce boiling, lower the heat and allow it to simmer till it thickens which usually take 5-10 minutes.
While that sauce is cooking, add half the oil to your wok or saucepan and toss in the chopped garlic. Once it’s sautéed for a few minutes throw in the vegetables and cook them through. Set those aside and add the rest of the oil to the pan. Add the shrimp to sauté and season with salt and pepper. Once they are cooked through, add the vegetables and pour the sauce over everything. Turn the heat down to low and add noodles and mix well!
After mixing for a few minutes you are ready to serve! If you like a bit of heat we always keep this chili pepper sauce on hand and add it to everything! This made enough leftovers for another full meal for the two of us, so it’s great for lunches on the go too!
Hope you enjoy this as much as we did and happy cooking!
For The Teriyaki Sauce:
1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Ginger Paste
1 Tsp Garlic Paste
3 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes
For The Stir Fry:
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/2 Package Whole Wheat Linguine
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 Lb Fresh Shrimp, deveined and peeled
1 Head Broccoli, chopped
2 Carrots, shredded
2 Cups Green Beans
1 Cup Mushrooms
1. Bring water to a boil and add pasta. Cook for 8-9 minutes and set aside.
2. Add all ingredients for sauce to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add 1 Tbsp of oil to wok and add minced garlic. After cooking for 2-3 minutes add veggies and cook through, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. Add last Tbsp of oil and sauté shrimp with a dash of salt and pepper. Add vegetable back and pour sauce over everything. Mix for a few minutes and then add pasta.
5. Stir on low heat for a few minutes and serve hot with chili sauce!