How is it 2016? I just can’t believe it’ s time to set New Year goals and that when I go to work today I will have to remember to type 2016 on every note (which I definitely won’t and they’ll be wrong for like a week) I am hoping for this to be the best year yet in life and for the blog! I have so many fun ideas and posts I can’t wait to share with you all including this Capsule Wardrobe Guide launching today!
It’s a full breakdown of how I cleaned out my closet and organized my wardrobe. The hope is that each season I can refresh it with basics I think you should have for that particular season and pop in a few seasonal pieces. I really hope to offer useful and helpful content for you guys in this next year and would love to hear what you would like to see!
I wanted to share a few hopes I have for the new year because what is better way to keep yourself accountable than telling other people?
- Eat Cleaner – I know the weekends will always be a struggle and I don’t intend to change the way I live or stop doing what makes me happy but I genuinely want to make an effort to eat fresh meals, eliminate processed food & consume less sugar. Trevor & I are starting the Whole 30 plan today so I will update y’all next week on how we survived.
- Sleep More – With work and this blog I sleep, just not well. It’s mainly because of my poor planning. I have been trying to implement a few tools to get myself ahead so I can relax when work is complete and not always be stressing at the last minute. I’ll be sharing those tips with you guys next week – they have been doing wonders for me!
- Take Better Care Of My Skin – I’m 31 (eek!) and really need to make a conscious effort to take better care of my skin. I often go to sleep without washing my face out of laziness and I want to find a routine that can better help me. Any tips? Tell me!
- Get Back Into The Gym – I know everyone says this but I used to be an avid workout woman. I worked out 5-6 days a week just a year ago and have dropped off to none till recently! I know time is always my rate limiting factor but lately I have been running late at night before I go to bed and it has actually been good for me. I have been easing into it but really want to get in a good routine in the new year. Any gyms in Chicago you love? I need to join one again because I love classes!
- Spend Less Time On My Phone – Over the break and just in general I am very aware of how often I am on my phone as well as other people. Honestly, I have noticed I am on my phone the same amount as the people around me which is still more than I want to be. I want to be better at planning ahead of time so I don’t waste time deciding what to post. Trevor and I have also started plugging in our phones when we get home from work and sitting at the dinner table to enjoy our meal with no TV and no electronics. It’s nice to connect during that time and I highly recommend it!
I would love to hear what you guys are planning for the new year and any tips you have for me! Happy first Monday of 2016 y’all!