I’m so excited to chat beauty today and a new obsession of mine, body brushing. I was a bit confused when I first heard about it from friends but quickly made it a weekly task and it has helped my skin so much since. Eco Tools is a brand I’ve used for a while thanks to my beauty aficionado friends and I love that the company is Eco conscious and all about women empowerment. Not to mention their products are top notch and I just snagged a few of their new bath products at Ulta!
I personally have a skin condition called keratosis pilaris or ‘chicken skin’ which means I have these tiny bumps on my upper arms and legs that I have always been self conscious about. I used to try everything under the sun to make them better and even expensive prescription lotions didn’t seem to do the trick. Since I’ve been body brushing with this Eco Tools round brush I have noticed more improvement than ever before. Even if you don’t have a skin condition body brushing is great for general exfoliation. It helps eliminate toxins and I would recommend trying it for at least 30 days and I promise you will notice smoother softer skin.
Okay so a few tips for body brushing:
- These require no soap, foam or lather. Before you shower you can start brushing on dry skin.
- Use gentle circular motions and move upward through the body.
- Start with your ankles and work your way up through your arms. After I finish everything I usually try to get to my back from the top down.
- Don’t press too hard or put too much pressure, the bristles and motion will exfoliate everything for you.
- Make sure to shower after to wash everything off.
- After showering make sure to moisturize as usual either with a lotion or coconut oil.
I totally encourage you guys to remix your spring beauty routines and try out something new. Eco Tools is running some amazing specials at Ulta this month like the ‘buy 2 products and get one free’ that runs until April 16th!
I totally revamped my beauty regimen this year and have been loving the benefits. I created this fun getting ready Spotify playlist along with other bloggers because what fun is bath time without jams? Also, don’t judge my musical taste this is just what I love to listen to when getting ready for a night out or winding down in the bath.
Also, make sure you head to the bath counter at Ulta and check out all their new products. You can enter to win a $1,000 gift card by snapping a pic in the Eco Tools aisle at Ulta or your receipt from purchase. Check out all the details below so you can refresh your own spring beauty regimen!
This post was sponsored by Lunchbox. As always, all opinions are my own and thank you for supporting brands that make Lows to Luxe possible!