This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are mine & thank you for supporting brands that make Lows to Luxe possible. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
With the holidays right around the corner I was excited to create this spicy tortilla soup with shrimp & avocado! If you haven’t noticed I love Mexican flavors and this soup is the perfect combination of spicy and soothing to keep you healthy and cozy during the holidays.
La Morena is my go to for these chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and i love the jalapeno peppers in my salsa too. The flavors are authentic and I can snag it at Pete’s Fresh Market here in Chicago & you can usually find them at any grocery store just make sure to check the international aisle.
This recipe is simple and takes only about 20 minutes from start to finish – what’s better? I added the jalapeño for an extra kick but i love extra spicy flavors. I would recommend starting with no jalapeño and possibly adding it the next time to be safe.
Let me know if this warms you up and check out La Morena for more recipe ideas!
- 1 Carton Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 14.5 oz Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Carrot - sliced
- 1 Onion - chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp La Morena Chile in Adobo Sauce
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Avocado - cubed
- 1 Lime
- 8 Shrimp
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- In a Dutch Oven heat Olive Oil over medium heat
- Add Onion, Carrot, Chile in Adobo Sauce, Garlic, Cumin, and Chili Powder and saute for 10 minutes
- Add chicken broth, fire roasted tomatoes, juice from lime and bring to a boil
- Cook covered for another 10 minutes and then remove from heat
- In a seperate pan saute the shrimp in EVOO to your liking and season with salt and pepper
- Pour soup into bowl and add avocado, cilantro, and shrimp to your liking!