This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReThinkMyColour #CollectiveBias
I have been on the fence about coloring and cutting my hair for the past couple months. I last had it chopped & color applied in the spring and just haven’t been able to decide if I want to take those big leaps yet again. I was super excited to get a hold of the new Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Brighter™ Subtle Lightening Shampoo and Conditioner & the Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Brighter™ In-Shower Treatment! It is the perfect way to pull out the brightness in your hair without harsh chemicals or a salon visit. I have been using it for almost a week now and think my ends already look brighter and lighter.
The shampoo & conditioner are easy to use on a daily basis and will take up to a week to really show results. I love that they use honey & marigold extract to infuse an almost golden tone into my hair. It’s always hard to achieve the type of color that doesn’t look like it was done at a salon and I love how easy it was. The in shower treatment is so easy to apply and will give you a brighter look in just one application! I snagged all the products at my local Walgreens since it’s the perfect size that doesn’t overwhelm me and I can find exactly what I’m looking for in a cinch.
Since my color was brightening at the ends I was excited to style a high messy ponytail – one of my favorite go to looks! It’s so easy & still looks put together. Here’s how I achieved the look quickly:
- Curl every section of your hair toward your face and start with the curling iron in the middle of your hair. The top should remain smooth since we’ll be throwing it up. Now curl a piece and gently release out until you get everything wrapped and hold for a few seconds.
- Release the curls and allow to cool a bit
- Pick up the top third of your hair and tease it from underneath. You can use a brush or comb to achieve this but make sure you put some pressure and really bunch it.
- Flip your head over and gather your hair in the highest ponytail – I know it may feel weird but you really want it high
- Tie your ponytail with a like colored hair tie to your own hair
- Take a piece of hair on the outside of the ponytail and wrap it around the band. Pin it with a open bobby pin (the kind beauty artist use not a flat one)
- Spritz a little hairspray over it and you are set to go!
Let me know what you think about the John Freida products if you try them and Walgreens currently has a BOGO offer with their rewards card available til the end of the month you can take advantage of in store or online! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are staying warm today!